ECOBANK The Pan African Bank

ECOBANK The Pan African Bank
... Explore unlimited possiblities with Ecobank Digital *326#

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 21, 2010

AISHA SALAMI ON IYSHA FIERCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!















DESIGNERS WORKSHOP. WHAT’S A DAY IN THE LIFE OF THESE DESIGNER LIKE. Hectic, is the word that readily comes to mind. I wake up every day thinking “how I can make this woman beautiful in a manner that's unique" then I get to work. WHY CHOOSE TO MAKE CLOTHES, WHY NOT ANOTHER CREATIVE PLATFORM Fashion is where my real passion lies. I could have gone on to other things and still have been good at them, but somehow I'm sure in the blueprints of my life, it’s there somewhere that my ultimate medium of expression will be the clothes I make. WHAT PARTICULARLY PREPARED YOU FOR THIS The ever changing trends and also the realization that people's style consciousness had gone through the roof. WHERE DOES INSPIRATION COME FROM, WHAT HELPS TO GALVANISE IT Inspiration is ultimately from God. And also global trends, fabrics, target clients each with their unique needs. A combination of all this, fuels my imagination.
CREATIVE PEOPLE ARE OFTEN SAID TO BE CRANKY, WOULD THAT BE THE CASE WITH YOU TOO, AND IF SO WHY? Well, I’m only cranky when I don't get enough sleep or when my thought process is interrupted. Those eccentricities are peculiar to each individual. I do my best to be as calm as I possibly can. Not necessarily as a personal quality but as an operational requirement.
WHEN ARE YOU AT YOUR CREATIVE BEST? When I'm surrounded with beautiful fabrics, I'm like a child in toysRus. Every fabric triggers a slew of ideas.
DO YOU HAVE HANDS ON EXPERIENCE IN ALL AREAS OF YOUR WORK, DRAWING/DRAFTING, DESIGNS, SEWING/TAILORING, CUTTING ETC I'm involved in the entire process. Besides designing, my tailoring skills are quite brilliant if I may say so myself. WHICH IS THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB AND THE SIMPLEST PART? I would say the hardest part is having to make sure your designs are as diverse as possible taking into cognizance your clients unique requirements, while still maintaining the essentials’ that make it uniquely yours.
WHAT IS YOUR NICHE, WHAT PARTICULARLY SEPERATES YOU FROM MANY OTHERS?
I think my clothes are fun and fresh. I bring a new twist to already existing designs every time. And because I can sew, I understand that the importance of fit and finish can not be over-emphasized. For appointments pls call-08087822222

No comments: