ECOBANK The Pan African Bank

ECOBANK The Pan African Bank
... Explore unlimited possiblities with Ecobank Digital *326#

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

JOHN GALLIANO SACKED BY THE HOUSE OF DIOR

He is undoubtedly one of the most recognised and extraordinarily talented designer in the world, one doesn't become the creative director of an iconic fashion house like Christian Dior by chance,and His offence was that he was allegedly caught on video making anti-semitic commentaries (praising former war monger Adolf Hitler), his case was particularly made worse when Oscar award winning actress Natalie Portman( won best actress for her acting in the film-Black Swan)  was said to have vowed not to ever want to associate with Mr. Galliano in anyway, though the famous Gibraltar born designer, who is 50 this year, has denied the anti-semitism statement and apologised for his behaviour, he has vowed to take legal actions against his accusers.


Quoting the designer-

"A number of independent witnesses have given evidence and have told the police that I was subjected to verbal harassment and an unprovoked assault when an individual tried to hit me with a chair having taken violent exception to my look and my clothing," he said.


"For these reasons I have commenced proceedings for defamation and the threats made against me."


The designer continued: "However, I fully accept that the accusations made against me have greatly shocked and upset people.


"I must take responsibility for the circumstances in which I found myself and for allowing myself to be seen to be behaving in the worst possible light.

"I only have myself to blame and I know that I must face up to my own failures and that I must work hard to gain people's understanding and compassion."

"I have fought my entire life against prejudice, intolerance and discrimination, having been subjected to it myself."






No comments: