ECOBANK The Pan African Bank

ECOBANK The Pan African Bank
... Explore unlimited possiblities with Ecobank Digital *326#

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

IS HE A SHE OR IS SHE A HE?????


Top model-ANDREJ PEJIC seems to defy gender and convention, he has won Male Model of the year, but he has made more names for himself, modeling women’s wear, to the extent he is the muse of JEAN PAUL GAULTIER. At 19 years old and a Bosnian by birth, though raised in Australia, his very delicate feminine features has made him very popular and a controversial figure, some have even tagged him an hermaphrodite. But he doesn't seem to be perturbed by all the brouhaha around him/her and like he said recently-
he says peoples' confusion over his gender doesn't bother him. As he sees it, he is harnessing his unique looks to his own financial advantage and he further stated-
 'I know people want me to sort of defend myself, to sit here and be like, "I'm a boy, but I wear make-up sometimes." But, you know, to me, it doesn’t really matter. Further quoting the model-
'I don’t really have that sort of strong gender identity - I identify as what I am. The fact that people are using it for creative or marketing purposes, it’s just kind of like having a skill and using it to earn money.'

He said: 'I guess professionally I’ve left my gender open to artistic interpretation.'

Both, it seems, would have huge potential. As Mr Pejic says himself: 'My whole life is controversy. What can I do? I’m like Britney Spears!'










No comments: