ECOBANK The Pan African Bank

ECOBANK The Pan African Bank
... Explore unlimited possiblities with Ecobank Digital *326#

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 23, 2013

BULL'S EYE BY JOSEPH SAMPSON EDGAR- Fred Amata: why I don't like him

FRED AMATA

I was on my way to watch Kakadu at The Muson last Saturday, when I stumbled on a red carpet event. On closer look, it was my paddy Fred's 50th. I was mad. So this guy fit do party without inviting me? I bought him his first toothbrush in Lagos o.

I decided to gate crash. I informed the bouncers, that I was his uncle from Warri, but because I am better looking than him, they did not believe . So I was barred from entering. To kill time, I decided to amuse myself by staring at the wannabes who were strutting the red carpet.

These our stars and the way they were rocking their okrika. The swagger and the confidence baffles. Then the ladies, the way they squeeze into the tight clothes, one would expect a seizure anytime. I really enjoyed myself watching them walk on them high heels, holding on to each other so they don't fall down.

I met Fred sometime ago and immediately drew a fancy to him. His role in the Onyeka Onwenu /Sunny Ade collabo still rings a bell in my mind. He has been very prolific and his body of work  is there for all to see. He is a great man, though I still don't like him.

He called last year and invited me to his Xmas special. I went and saw so many great people, Segun Arinze, Monalisa, Dejumo Lewis. I really enjoyed myself though the food finished before it got to my turn.

But seriously, Fred has been a recurring decimal in our creative industry both in front and behind the camera. He has contributed a lot to the development of Nollywood and must be given his pride of place despite his folly when the history of Nollywood would be written. Hi acting and directing are all a study. I hear he is one of the best Directors around and I am so proud of him, though I don't like him.


I reserve my well wishes cos he did not invite me to the party. When he invites me to his 51st, I will wish him well. Meanwhile, I will send him a crate of eggs and a carton of Indomie as my own contribution to his birthday. This marks me out as a better person for sending him gifts even though, he did not invite me to his classy party.

Happy birthday my brother

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hehehehehehehehhehe
Edgar na wa for u o, Uncle from Warri cracked me up though and this your 'i still dont like him' get as e be
are u upset cause u were not invited, or cause u were bounced or there was no food for u @ his last xmas party?
in short I give up on you with wicked grin
HYBunny