ECOBANK The Pan African Bank

ECOBANK The Pan African Bank
... Explore unlimited possiblities with Ecobank Digital *326#

Search This Blog

Friday, June 7, 2013

NAMA (FG) VS. ADAMS OSHIOMHOLE- WHAT'S GOING ON?




 The Nigerian Aviation Management Agency (NAMA), yesterday, recalled and grounded an airborne OAS Helicopter ferrying Governor Adams Oshiomhole to Awka, Anambra State for the funeral service of the late Mrs. Colette Obi, wife of Senator Ben Obi, Special Adviser, Political Matters to the President.

Pilot of the helicopter, Captain James Manahash, a Filipino, said "I was surprised that I was recalled after taking-off from Government House because I had communicated with the control tower on radio.


"We were already airborne when we got the call to return to the airport and was even threatened that failure to do so would lead to complete grounding of the aircraft. The governor prevailed on me to return and listen to them.


"When we got back to the airport, I was told to pay landing and aerodrome fees which ordinary we could pay later because we were already airborne.


"Even after completion of the process of payment within 10 minutes, we were still delayed for one hour fifteen minutes. The Governor left in anger after that.


"I am surprised by this development because this is not the first time I would be coming to Benin to fly the governor.


"I was even threatened, after payment, that the aircraft will be grounded completely if I argued with them. I have flown for 35 years, seven of which I spent in Nigeria and this is the first time I am encountering a situation like this. I do not know what problem they have with the governor.”


Managing Director of the OAS Helicopters, Mr Everest Nnaji, who was contacted, expressed shock over the incident, saying that “I am still making calls to find out exactly why they did not allow the pilot fly the helicopter conveying the governor to Anambra state. I am really angry, I don’t know why they did that and that is why I am still trying to make contact because we have no problems with NAMA.

No comments: